The Nature of God

>> Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some distinguishing factors when talking about Unity beliefs and my own understanding about the nature of God:

God is ever-present, the energy of infinite Love.

God is not a being.  God does not act upon humanity. This takes away the idea of Divine Punishment.

We are the expression of God.  Our action is God's action.  God is expressing through us, as us.
This 'God in us' is described as 'the Christ' presence within.

Jesus awoke to the innate Christ energy within him, as him, and thus perfectly expressed God.

We imperfectly express God in manifestation.  To work toward perfect expression of God is our life's purpose.  To achieve this perfect expression is to bring forth what Jesus referred to as 'the kingdom of heaven.'

1 comments:

Liina March 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

Thank you for sharing this :)

I had been going through a thing, since I started going to Unity, where I was like "I don't know if I can truly and completely feel that I am one with God."

And then last night I had a freaking amazing realization that I have ALWAYS been one with God, and every thought of God and every experience of God throughout my life has always reflected that God is in me! So I don't know where that weird doubt came from, why I thought my experience was inadequate when in fact it was perfect!

I guess it takes a certain opening of the mind & heart to see the truth in these things.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP