CA Conrad xoxo

>> Thursday, March 15, 2012

Please watch this.


 Colleen took me to see this beautiful poet, CA Conrad, last night at TESC. It was fabulous.  He starts this video with a powerful manifesto, and then goes into a poem that is poignant & hilarious.

"My architect says I  need more than $108 dollars in the bank to build a poetry hotel.
My architect asked me to stop referring to him as 'my architect.'"


Conrad has these somatic exercises he does before he writes the poem, and includes a description of the exercise/or instructions for us/or both? before each poem.  AMAZING.

I definitely want a copy of his latest book, "A BEAUTIFUL, MARSUPIAL AFTERNOON: New (soma)tics".  Love love love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP